Bayfield Star Party 2015 August 8th

Find out about RASC star parties
DaveMcCarter
Member Name: David McCarter

Bayfield Star Party 2015 August 8th

Post by DaveMcCarter » May 4th, 2015, 9:43 pm

I will give one of my astronomy presentations followed by an observing session at Pioneer Park, Bayfield. Talk starts ahortly after sunset and observing gets going as soon as the talk is over. This year the talk will be "Hubble's Vision" in which I show what Hubble has shown us in the 25 years since launch.

The talk will go even if the weather is not suitable for much observing. As the moon is now past third quarter, it was beautiful this morning at 3am, we'll be looking at Saturn and perhaps some deep sky stuff if the sky is clear.

Dave

DaveMcCarter

Re: Bayfield Star Party 2015 August 8th

Post by DaveMcCarter » August 8th, 2015, 1:33 pm

I will be leaving London at 7pm, arriving in Bayfield about 8pm. The skies will be partly cloudy or partly clear, or maybe both at the same time.

Dave

snsearcher
Member Name: Richard Henderson

Post by snsearcher » August 9th, 2015, 10:44 am

Sorry Dave, couldn't make it this year due to a family gathering. Hope it went well.

DaveMcCarter

Post by DaveMcCarter » August 9th, 2015, 9:34 pm

Persistant cloud covered the southern sky, while the sky north of Bayfield was reasonably clear as Dave McCarter and Harold Tutt set up their telescopes. About 21h Dave started his talk "Hubble's Vision, 25 Years of Discovery" to 17 adults. After the talk the skies had mostly cleared, and while we never did see Saturn we had a good time showing off a number of other deep sky objects, like M13, M57, M27, Alberio, Mizor and Alcor, etc. By 23:30 the clouds had thickened and the two tired observers drove the long distance home.

Dave